A recent study by US telco T-Mobile and Dynatrace shows that visitors that completed orders experienced pages 50% faster than visitors who didn’t. This is showing that the visitors who experienced good performance were more likely to complete orders than those who didn’t complete a transaction.
We also learn that visitors were half as likely to convert when five or more pages were slow. The report found that visitors who experience five pages loading slower than five seconds were half as likely to convert than the visitors experiencing no pages slower than five seconds. The comparison on conversion rate was 18% vs 38%.
Here’s the problem: A slow e-commerce application may impact sales orders big time, but may go unnoticed because a few second slowness may not be categorized as a critical issue.
Then the question becomes “how fast is considered fast enough?”. The same study shows that poor performing product pages, regardless of when they appeared in the customer journey, had a significant impact on the visitor abandoning the transaction. T-Mobile found that conversions drop 60% when Product pages take longer than 10 seconds to load – from 25% conversion for a page load of 0-1 second to a 10% conversion rate at 10+ seconds.
How can IT Alerting help?
Customers hate waiting even for a few seconds! When your website slows down, so do your online Sales…
Everbridge cloud-based IT Alerting solution allows the direct integrations with your APM or UEM solution in order to automatically trigger notifications to the right on-call IT experts as soon as your website becomes too slow. Its advanced intelligent notification engine will:
- Automatically identify the right IT support people based on who’s on-call schedule, shift and availability
- Only notify those who should and not send mass email to entire teams be. This will reduce alert fatigue
- Reach out via several modalities (SMS, text to voice, voice call, mobile app notifications) where ever they might be (same location, different countries, different time zones)
- Automatically escalate to the next person until someone acknowledges
- Send consistent notifications based on communication templates with conditional workflow for human error-free notifications
- Allow IT experts to collaborate with 1-click conference bridge access
- Send progress updates to your IT team, the business stakeholders and the impacted customers while IT is resolving the problem.
Many of our customers’ IT departments use the Everbridge IT Alerting to reach out and communicate with the right on-call people as soon as a performance hiccup is detected (outage, website down, application slowdown, hardware or network failure, cyber-attack…) so they can fix the problem faster and reduce the impact on the business.
The benefit for you is simple, quickly getting the right on-call IT experts will reduce the overall resolution time (MTTR), minimize the impact on revenue. It will help protect your customers digital experience and their loyalty to your brand!