This is a no-brainer, IT “issues” are so common they occur all the time. Some are more predictable than others but in general you don’t have a clue whatsoever when these things happen. How about?
- The next DDoS attack to hit you and take your web properties down
- A ransomware cyberattack blocking access to your most secure proprietary and confidential information
- A CDN issue causes your website to slowdown so badly that customers are leaving
- ISP hiccup or network outage make your application unavailable
- A major incident causes partial or total outage of your EMR, EHR or ERP systems leaving hundreds or thousands employees clueless
- A new application build hits production and breaks down something else
- A problem with your datacenter cooling system or even worst a power outage
You get the idea… and we generally think we’re all fully prepared… but the odds are against us!