Zabbix Integration Guide
Zabbix license needed: any Zabbix license
Everbridge license needed: active annual subscription of IT Alerting Standard or IT Alerting Enterprise
Zabbix version supported: 3.4
Everbridge version supported: as a SaaS offering, the latest version is always available
- Zabbix user account of any type
- Everbridge user account with API Privileges
- An API key is needed, but that will be generated when you perform the procedures in the iPaaS Configuration section of the Everbridge user guide under Documentation at https://manager.everbridge.net/login
Installation of extra software, beyond Everbridge and Zabbix, is not needed.
Self-service configuration of Zabbix integration, by an end user, is easy from the Settings -> Everbridge Open -> iPaaS tab of the Everbridge SaaS application. Click “New Agent”:
Zabbix monitors network devices and servers for problems, and automatically launches Everbridge incidents. Immediately after a monitor breaks a threshold in Zabbix, it…:
… triggers creation of an Everbridge incident and populates the important details:
User can control the conditions under which Zabbix automatically triggers incident creation in Everbridge:
- In Everbridge, create an Incident Template configured with Zabbix fields
- In Zabbix, select one of the quickstart Triggers, such as “CPU load too high on ‘New host’ for 3 minutes“. For this Trigger, create an Action that uses the “Post to Create Everbridge iPaaS” Media Type.
- Test the interaction by starting connecting to the Zabbix monitored host and launching processes to increase CPU load.
- When the Zabbix Trigger fires, it will automatically create an Everbridge Incident.
- Everbridge notifies contacts, to resolve the issue
- Under Help & Support -> Online Help, read the following section:
- Under Help & Support -> Everbridge Support Center, download the IT Alerting User Guide, and read the following section: