Self-Service Slack Integration Guide
- This integration purpose is to build an integration between Everbridge ITA and the targeted chatop app such as Slack.
- It is recommended the user take a training to understand the functionality of the integration. This document is not served as a detailed feature walk through.
- in order to successfully set up the slack integration, the user will need to be the admin for the slack to finish the procedure.
- All the channels created will be public channels. All the members on the slack team will be able to see that channel, but they will have to join the channel to discuss the topic.
Step 1. Visit Everbridge Portal > Settings > ITA > Smart Channel Integration
- Click ‘smart channel integration’
- Click ‘add to Slack’
Step 2. At the page, try to pick the right slack team you want to integrate with
Step 3. Select a channel that you want all the message to post to. Normally you can pick ‘ #general’. In this case, any incident message posting will have a copy at the #general channel so that the participants there will know a new channel has been created for what kind of incidents.
Step 4. Go back to Everbridge portal, you will see that the integration has been set up.
Step 5. In the ITA dashboard, the ‘channel’ column will show up
Step 6. The message will either show up in an existing Slack channel or a new channel created by the previous action.